How do I access ELSA data tables not currently available in ADWB?

Via the Workbench, I just sent a study proposal, requesting ELSA data. The data tables is more limited than what I know is available; in particular, I'm looking to obtain access several datasets related to:

• Cognitive Status, sex (Administration)
  • Ethnicity (Sociodemographic)
  • Smoking status, alcohol in-take, age (Lifestyle)
  • APOE status (Genomics)
  • IGF-1, C-reactive protein (Biosample Assays)

Any guidance here? Are applications still reviewed monthly by a committee? Any additional paperwork required for getting the dataset listed above? How should I go about getting datapoints from baseline across the waves/collection times? If additional variables (say, from Biosample Assays or Cognition) are needed, do I need to submit another full application?

Parents
  • Hi  , 

I've confirmed the ELSA team is actively working on getting the wider ELSA dataset available via the AD Workbench. See the response below from ELSA's data acquisition officer  :

What you currently see on the ADWB is what we have available at the moment.

With regard to your application, you could either wait until we complete the availability for the additional variables you have enquired about in your post; alternatively, you can continue with the application you have submitted right now and, if approved, access the restricted variables for now and submit an amendment when the variables are available (we’ll keep you updated as soon as they become available). We would estimate that we would be able to get the wider dataset available for you by mid-December.

Please reach out if you have any additional questions!

• Hi  , 

I've confirmed the ELSA team is actively working on getting the wider ELSA dataset available via the AD Workbench. See the response below from ELSA's data acquisition officer  :

What you currently see on the ADWB is what we have available at the moment.

With regard to your application, you could either wait until we complete the availability for the additional variables you have enquired about in your post; alternatively, you can continue with the application you have submitted right now and, if approved, access the restricted variables for now and submit an amendment when the variables are available (we’ll keep you updated as soon as they become available). We would estimate that we would be able to get the wider dataset available for you by mid-December.

Please reach out if you have any additional questions!

Children
No Data