To facilitate your work, a variety of software tools are pre-installed or can be installed to your virtual desktop. The tools that come with a virtual machine/virtual desktop that has the Data Science Template installed include:
- Docker: Used to manage application processes in containers, enabling a user to package and port their applications across different systems.
- GitLab: A version control system used to manage and track code changes over time. This supports collaborative development and sharing of code.
- Julia: A high-level, dynamic programming language designed to give users the speed of C/C++ while remaining as easy to use as Python.
- LibreOffice: An open-source Office suite that includes word processing, spreadsheets, slideshows, graphics and flowchart creators, and database and mathematical formula tools.
- RStudio: Integrated R console, code editor, tools for plotting and other features for development.
- Visual Studio Code: A code editor to support debugging, syntax highlighting, intelligent code completion, snippets, code refactoring, and embedded Git.
A full list of the installed tools can be found here.
Don't have the Data Science Template installed? Email ServiceDesk@aridhia.com with your workspace name to request.
Document developed 1 June 2022.