ADDI's Editorial Take

What is it and what does it include? 

This phase II study was an open-label extension to study AVA100193 (a 24-week study in which patients with mild to moderate AD underwent treatment with RSG RX). The study enrolled a total of 864 subjects who had completed the 24-week treatment in study AVA100193 without tolerability issues, subjects were recruited across 40 sites in Europe and 2 sites in New Zealand. The primary objective of this study was to evaluate the long-term safety of the study. Therefore, the primary endpoint was a safety endpoint, the frequency of adverse events. Treatment emergent AEs, clinical laboratory evaluations, vital signs and ECG data were summarized. 

How can I use this dataset to advance my research? 

This dataset is ideal if: 

• you’re looking for data that looks at evidence of release inhibition of cytokines interleukin 1 (IL-1), interleukin-6 (IL-6) and tumor necrosis factor-α (TNF-α) from monocytes or microglia in patients with mild to moderate AD. 
  • you’re studying the effects of altered glucose regulation and inflammation on the pathogenesis of Alzheimer’s disease (AD). 
  • you’re investigating the link between treatment of peroxisome proliferator-activated receptor-gamma (PPARγ) agonists such as RSG in levels of glucose in the brain and levels of inflammation in patients with mild to moderate AD. 
  • you’re studying the relationship between the genetic variants and/or gene expression (i.e., pharmacogenomics) of AD associated with safety, tolerability and/or efficacy of rosiglitazone/a PPARγ agonist.